Visit my new site

Sunday 6 February 2011

Annual district councillor report to Thriplow Parish Council AGM 2010/11

I have continued to work closely with Thriplow Parish Council, particularly on planning matters that affect the village and also the Heathfield estate:
• I supported the successful appeal last May to the planning inspectors that meant the children’s swimming pool at Thriplow Heath could continue in business;
• I got the district council planning committee to visit Heathfield in November, and I spoke against the planning application to build additional houses at the entrance to the estate. The application was rejected. I also opposed the proposal to split a Heathfield house into four flats, because of the parking problems it would bring, but that application went ahead;
• I supported an application from residents in Fowlmere Road that eventually overcame planning officer objections.
I attend the neighbourhood police forum that covers Thriplow. I also go to the Duxford Airfield liaison meetings, and last summer worked with the parish council to persuade the airfield to stop sending tankers through Heathfield on airshow days.
I continue to chair the district’s corporate governance committee and am now the chairman of the Climate Change Working Group. I was recently interviewed on BBC Radio Cambridgeshire about solar farms. I hope to ensure that the proposed solar farm on the bridleway east of Thriplow makes a contribution to the community nearby.
I backed a successful bid from the village cricket club to obtain a grant from South Cambs District Council to put astro-turf in on the practice nets. I’m sure this will help improve performance!

No comments: