Visit my new site

Wednesday 1 December 2010

The planning process

Went along to the monthly planning committee at South Cambs because a retrospective application for converting a house into four flats in Heathfield had been submitted and I wanted to ensure there was a full planning committee discussion on the matter.

Which there was, and despite local resident association opposition, the planning application went through. Do I agree with that - no, I spoke against it - but at least there was due process, and the developer set out his arguments as to why the application should be granted and I respect the decision of the committee.

I believe that planning applications are an area of council business where councillors can make a difference, and it is a privilige to be able to do so.

No comments: