Visit my new site

Thursday 16 October 2014

You light up my life!

I have had a lot of questions about the street lights changes that will be carried out in local villages in the next month or so. As part of the deal to secure government funding to upgrade the county's street lights the County Council had to agree to 10% of the lights being removed. This is now being planned, alongside the improved (brighter, projected downwards and more energy efficient) street lights going in. Not all street lights are county council ones - some are owned by the parish council. 
I have contacted Balfour Beatty, who are doing the work, to see if we can get a briefing session for all local parishes to send a rep to get the answers. I am also writing an article for village newsletters so that people are aware this is happening. 

No comments: